We are proud and excited to be part of The Swan Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust, formed by five local schools who believe that school to school support and collaboration will bring about improvements in the quality of learning for pupils in our area.
WHO ARE OUR PARTNER SCHOOLS?
Please click on the logo to see the website for each school
Although we have worked together for several years as part of the wider Woking Learning Partnership of 33 schools, we have worked more closely as a smaller group since 2012 and have chosen to formalise this relationship as part of our long term commitment to work together and, most importantly, our shared values and ethos.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Umbrella Trust was registered with the DfE in July 2013 and, as each school converted to Academy status in their own right over 2013/14, we officially joined the SWAN Trust as equal partners. We hope that our five schools, who share a child centred ethos, will continue to work effectively together to enhance the education of all the children in our care.
At the beginning of each school year, we share our school data and develop a shared action plan which links to each of our School Development Plans. This action plan highlights the priorities for the Trust for the academic year and shows how we plan to using each school’s strength to support one another
Priorities for 2018/19:
- To improve pupil outcomes, teaching, learning and assessment across the Swan Trust.
- To raise standards in leadership across the Swan Trust.
- To further develop systems of rigorous evaluation between schools.
- To continue to develop effective collaboration at all levels, including for staff and children.
Each year, we will engage in a range of activities to bring about school improvement linked to the annual priorities. These may include:
- Shared training and INSET
- Sharing of best practise using each schools strengths
- Action research in other schools investigating practice and impact for pupils.
- Peer coaching and support for staff at all levels.
- Leadership training including development of good governance practice.
- Initiatives which raise the quality of teaching and learning.
- Moderation of teacher judgements for pupil attainment and progress.
- Early Years development
- Support for actioning of new government initiatives.
- Investigation into commissioning of a range of services, contracts and purchases as a group to provide better value for money.
In addition to our established series of regular Directors’, Heads & Deputies’ and Chairs of Governors’ meetings each term and ongoing development work, we had our first joint event for staff and governors in summer 2014 to launch the SWAN Trust and a joint INSET in September 2014 to look at the benefits and potential future opportunities for our collaborative partnership.
We will keep you updated of further developments through our newsletters. Over time, we hope to develop the range of activities we participate in, to include events for children and parents, but it is early days! If you have any ideas for shared community events, please do let us know!
Disclosure of Company Name
The Horsell Village School is part of The SWAN Trust, a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in Englan and Wales with company number 08622047. The registered office is The Horsell Village School, Church Hill, Horsell Woking GU21 4QQ